What Happens In Your Body 10 hours After Applying Nail Polish?
We all know that too frequent use of nail polish has a detrimental effect, which can lead to yellowing of the nails.
This cosmetic product causes a lot more damage than is generally assumed.
Of course our goal is not to make you quit paint the nails, but at least you will have the opportunity to learn the side effects of using.
What is the main danger to health?
The risk of using a nail polish is its toxicity. The majority of modern cosmetics intended for nails, contain the following elements that can destroy your health:
- Toluene (Toluene) – solvent gives a smooth layer of the nail and retains the pigment. It is known that toluene can affect the central nervous system and can cause reproductive disorders.
- Formaldehyde (Formaldehyde) – a colorless gas, which provides greater durability of the nail polish. In severe cases can cause irregular heartbeat, seizures.
- Dibutyl phthalate (Dibutyl Phthalate) – used as a flavoring. This component in the polish can cause endocrine disorders, and respiratory and gynecological diseases.
Scientists conducted a study on 24 women. After 10 hours of application of the arc, diphenyl phosphate in their bodies reached 7 times higher concentration than normal, which is an alarming condition.
How to choose a nail polish that will be safe for your health?
Some coatings are no specific warnings:
- “Free 5 ‘- This symbol indicates that the arc does not contain formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, dibutyl phthalate and camphor.
- “3 Free” – This symbol indicates that the arc does not contain the following three components: formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate and toluene.
Next time before you purchase a nail polish, pay attention to its composition, because you decide by yourself about your health.