Perfect Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Hidradenitis Suppurativa!
Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS), also known as acne inversa, is a painful, debilitating and chronic inflammatory skin condition. This condition affects up to 4 percent of the population.
This long-term skin condition is characterized by blackheads and red, tender bumps (lesions) on the skin. The bumps cause itching and burning sensations. They often grow bigger in size, eventually breaking open and draining pus. Recurrences often result in scarring.
Remember that this skin condition is not contagious, and it has nothing to do with poor hygiene.
It can look a lot like acne, folliculitis or boils, so it is best to see a dermatologist for a diagnosis.
A warm compress will help soothe your irritated skin and reduce the pain associated with this condition. It will also help the swelling go down.
You must only use dry warm compresses. Wet compresses can worsen the condition.
- Fill a glass bottle with hot water.
- Wrap the bottle in a thin, dry towel.
- Hold this compress gently against the affected area for 10 minutes.
- Repeat several times a day, as needed.
Note: Do not use a hot compress if the bumps have ruptured and pus is draining out. Also, avoid warm compresses if you are pregnant or suffer from diabetes, poor circulation or high blood pressure.
Turmeric is an effective antiseptic herb that aids in healing bumps and lesions on the skin quickly. Also, its anti-inflammatory nature helps reduce swelling, pain and other symptoms of HS.
There are several ways in which you can use turmeric for treating HS.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder with a little olive or coconut oil to form a paste. Apply it directly on the sacs, wounds and lesions. Wait 30 minutes, then wash it off. Do once or twice daily for a few weeks.
- Mix 1 tablespoon each of turmeric powder and raw organic honey, along with 2 tablespoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar into a glass of lukewarm water. Drink it 2 or 3 times a day.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder into a glass of hot milk. Drink it twice a day.
- If you prefer to take curcumin capsules, consult your doctor first for the correct dosage.
Honey is the strongest natural antibiotic and has special antibacterial properties. When applied directly on skin, it reduces inflammation and facilitates the healing process.
Also, it works as a gentle yet deep cleanser, so scarring will not occur on affected area.
- Dip a cotton ball in honey, preferably manuka honey.
- Apply it generously on the affected area.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat 3 or 4 times a day for effective results.