This Oil Can Relieve Anxiety, Improve Digestive Health, Fight Arthritis and Gout, Provide Sinusitis Relief, and More! Here Is Also How to Use It!
Black pepper is among the most commonly used spices throughout the world. Not only it is used as a flavoring agent in a variety of meals, but it also has many other purposes. Namely, it is used in medicine, perfume industry, and as a preservative. Over the past few decades, researchers have examined the benefits of black pepper essential oil as well as its main active ingredient, known as piperine. This main active ingredient has been found to improve digestive health, reduce the risk of oxidative damage, and more.
Here Are 7 Proven Therapeutic Effects of Black Pepper Essential Oil:
This essential oil has numerous healing properties, such as diuretic, diaphoretic, laxative, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, antiseptic, expectorant, carminative, antispasmodic, stimulant, febrifuge, rubefacient, etc.
– Has incredible antioxidant properties: The remarkable antioxidant properties of the oil can help in preventing or repairing the damage triggered by free radicals. This means that the oil can lower your risk of cardiovascular disease, liver problems, and cancer.
– Has powerful antibacterial properties: The strong antibacterial properties of black pepper essential oil can help relieve the symptoms of insect bites and infections. Furthermore, the regular consumption of black pepper can help cleanse your arteries and decrease your likelihood of atherosclerosis.
– Supports digestive health: It has an ability to elevate the production of hydrochloric acid in your stomach, thus enhancing digestion. In addition, this is crucial to prevent diarrhea, colic, and constipation. This essential oil can also prevent intestinal gas and bloating. That’s not all, it can also stimulate sweating and urination, thus increasing your body’s ability to get rid of toxins and waste materials.
– Promotes weight loss: In fact, the outer layer of the peppercorn can induce fat cell breakdown. As a result of this, black pepper essential oil can encourage your body to burn more fat, thus promoting weight loss.
– Alleviates sinusitis and nasal congestion: Black pepper essential oil has an ability to alleviate the symptoms of nasal congestion as well as sinus infections because it can dissolve phlegm and mucus in your respiratory tract.
– Improves skin health: This essential oil can help treat vitiligo, i.e., a condition that causes certain areas of your skin to turn white. Researchers have found that black pepper possesses piperine that can induce pigment production, thus reducing the symptoms of this skin condition.
– Enhance neurological health: It has been found that piperine, i.e., one of the main compounds of black pepper, can decrease the risk of memory impairment and cognitive malfunction.
It is important to know that the therapeutic effects of black pepper essential oil depend on the way it is used. Specifically, you can inhale it, apply it topically, or take it orally:
– Taking the oil orally helps fight these health issues:
Ingesting the oil can provide your body with sesquiterpenes, i.e., powerful antioxidants that stimulate sweating and urination, thus causing your body to get rid of toxins. Black pepper essential oil can also stimulate the production of bile in your stomach. This can help break down food as well as improve digestion. You can add the oil to steak or BBQ sauce.
– Inhaling the oil can help in cases of the following health problems:
Black pepper essential oil can relax your body and mind. If you inhale the oil, along with oils such as juniper and lavender, it can help alleviate mental stress. It can also help relieve stress caused by quitting smoking.
– Applying the oil topically can help alleviate the symptoms of these conditions:
Dilute some black pepper oil in carrier oil and then apply it topically to relax your muscles and relieve cramps and pulls. In addition, the antispasmodic properties of the oil can provide cramp relief, whereas the antioxidant properties can eliminate the uric acid from your blood. As a result of this, the oil is an excellent natural remedy for those who suffer from rheumatism, arthritis, and gout.